Monday, November 15, 2010

Letters

Dear Professor Napier,

I respect that you are most likely a math genius if you are in charge of creating not only the tests but the homework problems sets. I respect that you are a "higher authority" and have probably worked hard for whatever degree that you have. That doesn't mean that I like you. In fact, I think I very much dislike you right about now. Who in their right mind gives entry level calculus students (and the entry level should be in quotations there) homework problems that NOT EVEN GRADUATE STUDENTS WHO VOLUNTEER THEIR TIME TO HELP STUDENTS TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK CAN DO?!?!

Yes, Professor Napier, I can see the logic in creating difficult problems that make us students think and to make sure by doing this that we understand fully the concepts that are being taught. However, you have to draw a line somewhere, and I draw the line when my tutor puts his head in his hands upon seeing the problems you give us and groans. I draw the line when not even math whiz freshmen in Calc 3 can't figure out how to do the problems you give us for homework. I draw the line when graduate student tutors say that not even they can figure out how to do the problem after spending, literally, an hour trying to solve it.

~E

--

Dear Saxophone,

Bring it.

~E

--

Dear Erin,

Eloped with your Social Life. You haven't been paying much attention to her and now you've lost me. Good luck with college.

~Your Sanity

--

Dear People in my Hall,

I don't care if you're loud and rude;
I don't care if you yell someone's running 'round nude;
I don't care if you scream and shout in the halls
And run around with bouncy balls.
I don't care if you don't like what I do
(because honestly I don't like what you do too);
I'm bothered when you barge in without knocking
And try to ignore your creepy stalking;
I don't care if you scream fire and doom;
Just don't do any of it in my room!

~E (It's a true story, sadly)

No comments:

Post a Comment