Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Conversations I Thought Were Worthy of Sharing...

Okay. So the first funny "conversation" happened in Calculus Recitation between a student and the TA:
TA: So you calculate the volume of the cone-
Student: Wait. Question. So will we be given the equations on the exam?
TA: ...I don't think so...
Student: You don't think so?
TA: ...I think they assume it is basic high school math that you all know...
Student: So we have to know, like, the surface area of a sphere or something?
TA: 4(pi)r^2.
Student: What?
TA: 4(pi)r^2. Surface area of a sphere. 4(pi)r^2.
Student: *to the rest of the class* Did anyone else know that?
Rest of the class: *either laughing or staring at him blankly*
Student: ...

-

Second funny conversation. This happened while I was waiting for a ride up to Goodman Stadium for band practice. I was shivering and someone in the band I regularly talk to (but we don't know each other's names, just everything else about each other :/ ) came by.

Me: Words cannot describe how cold I am. *shivers*
Alex (in the back): *laughs*
Other guy: *freaks out* I am soooooo sorry.
Me: ?! Huh?
Other guy: I am soooooooo sorry. I'm warm. (he's wearing a long-sleeved shirt and jeans)
Me: Heh. So is everyone else. (Almost everyone else is in a hoodie at most)
Other guy: I'm so sorry. To everyone else, it's like "wow, it's a nice autumn day". For you it must be like "holy shit it's below 60 degrees!"
Me: Heh. Pretty much. *shivers*
Other guy: *watches me shiver for a little while* I'm sooooooo sorry. If you need ANY warm clothes, let me know.
Me: *thinking it was kind of random* Huh?
Other guy: Seriously. If you need ANY warm clothes, let me know.
Me: *staring at him blankly*
Other guy: I'm from Montana, so I have absolutely NO shortage of warm clothes. If you need ANYTHING let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment