Monday, October 25, 2010

Lol. Emo poetry ^^;

I was looking through my files for my GC paper and found...this... I wrote it in Rathbone during Pacing Break when everyone was gone. I got a bit lonely and...this...well, came out.

Verse 1 refers to Pacing Break

Verses 3 and 7 (I think) refers to the band.

The rest are just things I thought up of different situations I regret. :/

I actually like this poem a lot. Depressing, but I'm kind of proud of it...yeah...




Loneliness Is...

Loneliness is being left behind
smiling to hide the pain inside
watching them leave and knowing
you can't follow.

Loneliness is too much time to think
too little to speak
an eternity to agonize
and words left unsaid

Loneliness is feeling useless
feeling you aren't a big enough part
trying to fill in the gaps
but not well enough to sing the part

Loneliness is smiling without joy
happiness with empty eyes
a hollow heart
an empty soul

Loneliness is pulling on a mask
pretending your fine
dancing like you're happy
while inside you cry

Loneliness is emptiness
a void in a heartless chest
a black hole that devours joy
and magnifies sorrow

Loneliness is not feeling good enough
feeling as if you always have to prove your worth
trying to fill shoes too big
pretending you can when you can't

Loneliness is the darkness that devours your soul
shatters your heart
creates a monster out of you
and leaves behind a shell of who you once were.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment