Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Reason why the '97 are Awesome

First off, I want to mention my physics lab. It's usually on Mondays from 7-10p but since there was Pacing Break, it was rescheduled. Some people had theirs cancelled but ours was supposed to be moved to Wednesday, last night. Well, I showed up with less than half the class and waited...and waited....when he didn't show up, we left. x) It was AWESOME~. I feel a little bad because no one in the class likes the professor. They call him Weenie because his name is Wie Nie or something similar. He's really nice, though and we all agree that we like him as our lab professor. "He's super chill," they say. :)

Now. On to another reason why the '97 are awesome.

Two words: midnight kickball.

So I'm not sure if I mentioned this here, but the band does a lot of bonding activities that are entirely optional. One of them is "midweeks", where on Tuesday night whoever wants to go meets at Campus Square and the uppers drive us all to a pre-determined place to eat, usually some sort of diner. The second is midnight kickball. It's held on Wednesdays near the STEPS building, yes, at midnight.

I went for the first time last night. It was sooooo cold. I was only breathing out and I could see my breath - very clearly. It was rather unnerving. We started out with only three people and determined that it would be very difficult to play kickball with three people on each team. So we decided to play soccer instead. Then a few others showed up and we played five-on-five. I was defense. :3 It felt nice to play soccer again and the others always cheered whenever I tackled somebody...it was kind of funny. Then I was asked to target somebody - if I could tackle him, I had to go for it. I didn't get the opportunity. :(

But by the end of the game (my team won, yay! :D ) I was sweating in my hoodie. So I took it off and walked back up to my dorm with only a long-sleeved shirt on. I could see the steam rising off the players who were doing the most running. It was weird and funny all in one. Didn't go to sleep until almost 2. I'm super tired but...meh. It was worth it. :)

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment