Monday, October 18, 2010

Don't Send my Boy to Harvard...

...they dying mother said
Don't send my boy to Syracuse
I'd rather see him dead
But send my boy to Lehigh
'tis better than Cornell
but as for Pennsylvania...
I'D SEE HIM FIRST IN HELL!
~Band song



I went with the band this weekend to Harvard. It's  pretty nice campus but the people there are nasty. :/

Anyway, it was a 5-hour drive. I was stuck in a car with all guys. It was very interesting. When we got lost, the driver, a guy named Bingold told me that guys don't ask for directions so if worst came to worse I'd have to get out and ask. I told him I didn't mind and he looked at me funny.

Anyway, this was my schedule on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:
3:00p finish Engineering lab and head over to Bingold's house
3:15p leave and start our road trip
5-ish find a McDonalds and stop there to eat dinner
5:30p-ish resume trip
8:30-9:00p arrive at Boston University
2:30a-ish go to sleep
7:45a wake up
8:45a arrive at Boston University band room
9:20a-ish leave for IHOP and Harvard
9:30a-ish get lost on way to IHOP and Harvard
9:45a finally make way to Harvard
9:45-10:00a argue with parking attendant
10:10a find way to IHOP
11:30a return to field to practice
12:00p decide it wasn't worth practicing and entered game
4:00p go to dinner at UNO's
7:00p leave Boston/Cambridge and start driving back
11:00p-ish return to Lehigh
11:15p unpack and shower
12:00a sleep
8:50a wake up
9:00a go back to sleep
9:10a wake up and realize snoozed
9:20a get ready
9:30a check messages and get dressed
9:50a walk out to Rathbone to meet the paintball club
10:15a leave for LVP South Paintball Park
10:45a arrive at LVP South
11:30a finish getting gear
12:00p start first game
4:30p finish last game
5:10p get back at Lehigh

That was pretty much my weekend. :/

Harvard was actually pretty nice - it's just that the people weren't so friendly. The excursion we did is called a "Flame" and the band usually goes up one day early to get to know another school's band. However, Harvard apparently didn't want to host us so we called on a few friends at Boston University a few minutes away. They hosted us which was really nice of them.

About twenty of us were stuffed into a living room, so a lot of people were sharing space. On the futon couches (they pulled out) there were at least two people (mine had three), a few slept on the floor, and a few curled up on recliner chairs. It was so funny. :)

Then when we finally got to Harvard, the parking attendants let the first few in but a new attendant-lady came. She told our car and the cars after mine (we were the fourth, I think) that we weren't on a bus so we weren't "official" so we didn't get any parking stalls. We had to pay $5 for parking. :/

Then on Sunday I went paintballing with the paintball club. I was the only girl in a group of guys. x) The first time I got shot it was in the neck. :/ Then I got shot like a second later in the chest. The third and fourth time was in the last game where I got shot in the head twice when I was peeking out from behind a bunker.

All in all it was a fun weekend. :)

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment