Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Tuesday...

Blog outline (it's a long one): 
-Tuesday Schedule
-Wednesday Schedule
-Engineering Lab info
-Post Office




Tuesdays are pretty chill for me.

8:20-9:10: Physics Recitation in Lewis Lab 309
1:10-2:00: Calculus Recitation in Christmas-Saucon 402
2:35-3:50: Introduction to Global Citizenship in Christmas-Saucon 303
At 5 I had an Engineers Without Borders meeting in STEPS 101. They're building water-purifying tanks in Pueblo Nueva

On a whim between Calculus and GC, I send messages to a bunch of friends and we all met for dinner at 6 at the Hawk's Nest for dinner. We ended up staying there for two hours, sharing stories and jokes and laughing really hard. The Hawk's Nest has REALLY GOOD food. Like, no joke. My bacon cheeseburger was BLISS. And it was huge. They serve everything 24-hours, so Yi Liu had an omelette which was pretty cool.

~

Today is pretty chill too. This is the last day of the week that I have 3 or more classes - Thursday and Friday I have 2 classes, which is pretty awesome.

8:10-9:00 is Calculus in Chandler-Ullmann 270
9:10-10:00 was Physics 011 in Lewis Lab 270
at 1:10-3:00 is my Introduction to Engineering Practice lab*, which I will get to in a minute.

These aren't classes, but there was a study-abroad fair which I stopped by to check out. Got a few papers and stuff and it was only a little helpful. Didn't care for it too much, but I got a lot of fliers and opportunities for internships and stuff, which was pretty cool. :/ I have a meeting with a lady named Courtney Jones in the University Center at 3:30 for about a half-hour. After that I might head up to the Hawk's Nest to go to the "Getting Started" session for Studying Abroad. After that, I have a Global Citizenship Induction at 5:30. At 7:00 is the first meeting for the swing dance club, so I'm definitely going to that. :)

*So the engineering lab. I think in all the other classes, too, there are labs that students have to sign up for to get hands-on practice and a grade. There are a bunch of projects that we can choose from, each one in different fields so that we have a variety to choose from for our interests.

There is: Omnidirectional Holonomic Platform; Computer animation; Sensing toxic lead in water through color changes; Risk and return - Portfolio Management; Hovercraft; Peeps; Composites Medley; and Water: the New Oil? A device to sense soil moisture content. I'm in the Omnidirectional Holonomic Platform project. Basically I'm building a Lego robot that can tell follow a painted line, sense a wall, back up, turn around, and follow the line away from the wall and back to the start.


I GOT MY FIRST CARE PACKAGE TODAY!!!!! :D

I got an e-mail from the post office saying I had a parcel to pick up so I walked over and got a medium-sized flat-rate box from dad. Back at the room, I opened it: It was filled with senbei and nori!!! I already ate around 5 packets of senbei and I'm on my eighth packet of nori. ^^; I'm gonna stop after this, but it's SOO good to have yummy snacks. :D
xie xie, dad!!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment