Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Color Guard~

Emery Room E315
24:07
On the Events of This Night:


Tonight was something the band calls "midweeks". Basically they drive in a group to an outside place and have a midnight meal. I decided not to go this week, as I had to do some Physics work. However...

I was introduced to this guy via Lauren and her roommate Mei-Fan. He was in color guard for five years in high school and we both agreed to flag together sometime. When he found out that I had never used a rifle before, he offered to teach me. My first lesson was earlier, at 10-ish in the courtyard area of his housing complex.

Apparently the "simple" and "basic" moves he taught me aren't what I can do; the ones I did get, he told me were the more difficult and complex ones that I somehow managed to grasp quicker. And I was apparently able to toss a "double" rather than a "single" which was pretty funny; usually it's the other way around. He taught me a short routine he came up with on the spot, basically a compilation of a bunch of moves I could grasp so that it would be a pattern I could practice often. :3

I know I'm going to be in pain tomorrow, and I think I'm going to have at least a bruise on my right palm (I smacked it pretty hard when trying to do a "single") and my wrist (same as the palm). My shoulders are tight and my bicep hurts, but it feels nice to be exercising with a flag-ish thing. He taught me parts of dance, too, so it gave my moves "character" as he puts it.

I'm thrilled. And super tired.

Sleeping now.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment