Monday, September 27, 2010

The Day Dawned Cold and Rainy

Emery Room E315
17:05
On the events of Today:


I only put the title like that because, for some reason, it is my favorite phrase in any given novel. I have NO idea why. But it DID dawn cold and rainy. AND I LOVED IT xD.

But anyway, I wanted to use some of this time to address something I believe I mentioned once earlier, I think in the blog about the diet of freshmen (don't remember the title).

When talking to Jenna, we've discussed how we've changed. She says she swears more. I've become impatient and sometimes aggressive. Not too bad, but I've noticed while I'm still rather quiet, I've taken to telling people point-blank that I have to go, kthanksbai. I don't necessarily talk back to people, but I will now tell them no, I cannot go to/do _______. I think it's mostly because I don't have much time anyway, so I can't "waste" much on doing "trivial" things. If I need to study, I will tell people (usually just my friends or my hall mates unless they're here for Bianca): get out of my room. NOW.


It also may be a sort of "defense mechanism" in addition to the fact that I have very little time left to myself. Even while it's still difficult for me to "loosen up", it's a lot easier for me now, especially since it's more for survival now rather than an actual choice. Meaning, if I DON'T loosen up, I'd go crazy without fail.

I'm not sure what more to add, so I'll end it here. I have to do some work. :(

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment