Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just What the Doctor Ordered


I've noticed lately that I've been having trouble concentrating. It's not because I'm sleepy - it's because my mind wanders. My mind is constantly jumping from topic to topic, creating a convoluted web of thoughts and images. Usually when it gets bad, I'd sit down and either let them play out in my mind while drawing aimlessly, or I'd sit down and write it out until I have a chunk of a story that unwound in my mind.

Since I've started college, I don't have much time for this. I'm always doing work and I find myself sitting and staring into space more often than not. In lectures, when my professors are going over something I'm somewhat familiar with (thank God for small blessings) I'd find myself thinking about something else until I had completely deviated from the original thought and am staring blankly at the board. As my "condition" worsens, I find it harder to refocus my eyes on the board and not the soap opera in my mind.

I wish I could just do this - cut out the top of my head and bleed out the thoughts and ideas until I can concentrate again. Sometime this week I'll have to find time to bleed it out or I won't be able to study for my 4 o'clocks. :/

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment