Thursday, August 19, 2010

Packing Peril

Just finished packing tonight. Soo tired.

What happened actually was that I was somewhat packed for a while. Throughout this week and last week I think I had begun to pile my stuff into the storage room where I kept my bags. Jeans, shirts, blouses, dresses, and cold-weather coats all went into the room. Mom kept going after me to pack but I was doing it on my own, really. Funny thing is that because there wasn't much space (we had piles of cardboard boxes for my Farewell Party at Kaka'ako Park) so I had put them in my suitcases, mostly so I could save space and see how well they fit. Mom, though, kept going after me for doing (what I supposed) was the right thing - in putting my clothes in the bags. Alas, it was not so and I had to take everything out so that I could put it all back in tonight.

In any case I got some new stuff, like a curling iron and a nice mu'umu'u to take up. Aunty Kehau got me some Uggs and I have some coats and cold-weather gear from Aunty Gwen and Aunty Donna. I have stuff for omiage (coffee, mac nuts, shell lei, key chains, a pareo for my roommate, and some coconut cookies which are also for my roommate) as well as my own little trinkets.

So anyway, tomorrow is my last full day in the Islands and a lot of people want to see me. Tomorrow I plan to go and visit a few of my teachers to say goodbye and a few of my friends who are unable to leave school to see me off. (I leave at 2:30, I believe) I'm only going to stay at school for a short time before I leave to go to Aunty Laurie's house so we can all go to lunch. Then, after that, I go to pick up mom, bring her home, and then go with dad to dinner somewhere. So busy...

But, amazingly, I fit most of my stuff into three bags. I got a luggage set for my birthday this year, and used the two largest ones to put most of my stuff in. As a graduation gift from mom's office I got a Lehigh bag, umbrella, sweater-snuggie-thing, a bunch of pens, and a really cool Lehigh rain jacket. Most of my omiage was packed incognito in my suitcases but some of them didn't fit so I put them in my snuggie-thing and shoved them in my bag which then fit into the box carrying the cooler to take manapua to Uncle Dave. My biggest bag was around 45 lb, and the smaller one was weighed in around 31, but I added a little more stuff to it so it may have gone up to 35 lb.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say for tonight. I'm gonna go shower and go to bed and sleep like a rock...at least until 6:00 tomorrow. x) Gotta go pick up Jenna and visit school.

Jya!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment