Sunday, August 22, 2010

D.C., Hagerstown, and on to Bethlehem

Written in Holiday Inn Express, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania,
date: August 22, at 3:29p:


We just finished our drive here. Our plane ride(s) were rather uneventful but so ridiculously boring. Caught a few z's on our two smaller flights, but our overall flights were as follows:

Hawaii to Vegas on Hawaiian
At Vegas: 2-hour lay-over
Vegas to Memphis on Delta
At Memphis: another 2-hour layover
Memphis to D.C. on Delta

In D.C. we met Uncle Dave and Malia at the airport which was nice and got all our bags and stuff. We were relieved to find that they all came through all right. My lei (I got one from Grandma and one from dad, this nice pikake one with small pink roses) barley survived the whole trip. (Apparently when pikake dies, it turns purple and brown. Didn't know that :/ )

We had lunch with Uncle Dave and Malia, loaded our bags in their car which they're lending to us, and then drove to meet Aunty Laurie and Uncle Chris in Hagerstown, MD. We stayed a night at their house with their huge dog, Jake. I slept on the couch. x)

Then we went to Golden Corral for breakfast (it's the best thing - there should be one in Hawaii!!!) and then departed for a few-hour trip to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. We had a GPS (a Garmin) which I named Flo, like the crazy Geico girl. I'm glad we didn't have the GPS version of Jenna or we'd all die. x)

So we just got into the hotel. Made a few rest stops and went through half a book but not much more. It's all very shortened because I have to finish my summer reading essay and print it out. I'd do it now after I type this but mom wants to drive over to Lehigh. :/ Anyway, that's why all this was all shortened. I'll write more later.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment